Friday, May 2, 2014

Huh?


As you all know, I've been involved with Capital Works Infrastructure (fancy words for roads, sewers, watermains) for many years.

I've been to many meetings where contract interpretation is all about how you hold the page.

I've taken courses in contract law to teach me how to hold the page.

We were at a meeting today where the people who wrote the page couldn't demonstrate how to hold it.

This time, it wasn't involving work, it was involving home...and Zoning Bylaws.

Zoning Bylaws are those laws that you don't know affect you until they affect you.

In one breath we were told it met the Bylaw, and the next breath, it didn't, but the Bylaw need to be amended.

In the next sentence, it was an addition, and it wasn't.


As far as I'm concerned,  it either fits or doesn't fit, pass/fail, or what ever you want to use for black vs. white. 

And the person making the argument for the pass was the person who signed the fail. 


I'm confused, but then I only have a College Diploma and many years experience.

Forgive my confusion...

DJW

I can't go into more detail, but yes, it is in regards to The Little Patch Of Grass.




No comments: