Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Must Be Defective...


...at least this was the consensus of a discussion I had this week with a friend as I drove her to the GO Station.

Why, you ask, am I not quite right? (besides the obvious, and stop the snickering in the back.)

Well, lets go down the list, shall we:
  • My Parents smacked me when I deserved it, yet I didn't grow up to be a child beater.
  • My Mother never breast fed me, yet I am in not in therapy because of it.
  • I grew up with handguns and rifles in the house, yet I never took one to school and shot up the place.
  • I have had a jack knife in my pocket since I was eight, yet I've never stabbed anyone.
  • My parents drank on the weekends, yet I didn't grow up to be an alcoholic.
  • My parents never bought me a car, or drove me everywhere, yet I still managed to get around.
  • I tobogganed, biked and rode my soapbox without a helmet, yet I am undamaged.
  • I have a bad back that took one Doctor two pages to describe, a pinched nerve in my neck, ingrown toenails and halitosis, yet I am not on a disability pension.
  • I have never sued anyone for my troubles
  • I messed up at work the other week, and instead of blaming someone or some computer, I fixed it.
What the heck is wrong with me?

If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

DJW
DJ is worried that he might be abnormally normal.

6 comments:

alex said...

with a picture like that i doubt anybody will find you abnormally normal :P

Anonymous said...

your problem is that you actually take responsibility

the darling bride

Anonymous said...

After reading your list, I don't think I am quite right either!?!?

Anonymous said...

After reading your list I don't think I am quite right either|!?!?!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA this is just great :-)
Will be back to read more

my4kidsma said...

I must be defective too, since I'm exhibiting the same symptoms. Maybe it's a syndrome and we could get government money to study it...oh, that's right...we won't do that because we're defective!

Great stuff!