Friday, January 4, 2008

The chicken fought fowl, but it didn't ruffle my feathers.

Got me a real bargooon today.

We were shopping at one of those discount grocery stores ( I won't say which one, but it would be pretty basic to figure it out), when I spotted a deal.

A ten lb. box of frozen chicken legs for $10.00!

Thats, like, a buck a pound! <-{college math grad}

I figured in my head that that would do a number of meals, so I snagged a box. I scurried home with my prize and when I opened the cardboard box, I got even another surprise.

The legs were frozen in a single plastic bag. Together. In a block. Cube-ish. To add insult the legs were intertwined like some cruel Chinese Puzzle.

A five kilogram frozen Chinese Puzzle.

With aid of some salt, cold water for the chicken, warm water for my hands, a hammer and a wooden spatula ( I'll replace it M.D.B.), I subdued the frozen squab and was the victor!

I'm passing on this tale with some advice: if you don't want to be a chicken sculptor, and don't want to cook fifteen 1/4 chickens at once, look in the box.

I'm only telling you 'cuz I give a cluck.

DJW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny stuff, DJ, but why do you think the chicken was only $1 per pound in the first place? Keep posting; you quack me up!

California Reader