Wednesday, June 16, 2010

...Little Pink Houses, For You And Me...

When last we left David and Anna, they were sitting there with a handful of past due and disconnect notices, worried about how they were going to pay the mortgage. They had a plan, but the banks and mortgage companies shrugged them off as too small time. (click the link above to read their story)

The wolf wasn't at the door; it had puppies on the porch.

It turns out more people read my blog than I figured.

I was contacted by a Mortgage Broker (whose name was also David) who thought he might be able to help. I told him they had been that route, but he insisted he wanted to give it a shot.

So introductions were made, and my work here was done. Other than pay their bills myself, I did all I could do.

Last week I received this e-mail from Anna,

Dear DJ,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for getting us in touch with David at OMAC Mortgages. Not only did he find us a lender that would take us on with all our difficulties, they also absorbed our consumer proposal! And he got us a better rate than we could have hoped for! I couldn't believe all the calls and arrangements he made. He really jumped through all the hoops for us! Our bills are all paid, the mortgage is easy to manage, and Dave feels so much better! Its like we have a new life! Last week we had our last meeting with the Credit Counseling people and we will soon be fully discharged.

Thanks again!

Anna

Well who knew that my little blog could actually make a difference.

So I must give credit where credit is due (no pun intended). The Mortgage Broker with the Superhero Cape is David at OMAC Brantford (click for link)

What lessons can we take away here?

There is always a solution, it may not be very palatable or easy.

If you can't make someone see your vision, find someone who can.

Pride is good, but can't pay the bills.

DJW
For more info on consumer proposals and credit counseling, drop me a line.

No comments: