Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's TV time again

Ok, call me weird. (I know, that's a given)

I'm excited that one of my favorite TV shows is getting ready for it's season premier.

No, it's not Monday Night Football, or Hockey Night in Canada.

Are you ready for this?


For those who are uninitiated, each year, 8 bad drivers from across Canada are nominated to 'compete' for the title of the worst driver in the country. They are all brought to a secret location, given expert driving instruction, and then put through a series of driving skills tests. The most improved driver every episode gets their license returned to them and sent back out on the road. They are critiqued by a series of experts including my favorite, now retired OPP Sgt Cam Woolley.

If you've never seen it, give it a view and see if you recognize any habits, or anyone you may know.
It has a brother show called Canada's Worst Handyman, hosted by the same sarcastic guy, Andrew Younghusband.




I'm happy to say I've never been nominated for either show.

Interesting coincidence; CWD4 dovetails with the end of the NASCAR season, and wraps up near Daytona time in February.

I can watch for bended metal all year round now.

DJW

1 comment:

Jane said...

Of course, if you put those same eight drivers in San Jose, where traffic lights are just pretty roadside decorations, they would probably be revered as experts, and given out as examples to new 12-year olds learning how to drive.